Friday, February 13, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run!

2 years ago my sister and I did a triathlon in eastern Washington. Last year we didn't for some reason, so this year we figured, why now. We are both trying to get more fit and this would be a good goal for us. We found a tri about a mile from my parents house at a park we grew up going to. (5 mile lake) I'm pretty sure we had several birthday parties there too. The tri includes a 1/4 mile swim, a 14 mile bike and a 3.1 (5k) mile run. I've got the swimming part down, the biking part I'll need to work on, and the run will absolutely kill me I'm sure. I HATE running! I've been doing it more lately with working out so hopefully I'll do ok. One thing is for sure, when we did the last tri Laura and I both had mountain bikes and this year we will opt to rent the bikes with the skinny tires! People would ride by us laughing because the mountain bikes are so much harder! We were clueless. :)

If anyone wants to do it with us that would be great! I've already had Colin's sister - Allison, and a childhood friend - Carly, say they would do it so it should be fun! Below is the link if anyone is interested. :)


2 comments:

Carly said...

I'm so, so excited! Thanks for all the info too... Now I need to start training! Mike gave my bike away last time we moved. I'm thinking tax $$ :)

The Swanson Family said...

awesome! good luck training!!