Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Amazing Recipe!

I thought I'd share this recipe for spicy spinach cheese dip. I really don't like 1/2 the ingredients in this recipe (like tomatoes, red pepper, spinach, half and half) but altogether this is amazing! Colin and I always went to Rock Bottom Brewery when we were living in Portland and most times ordered their Ball Park Pretzels with this cheese dip recipe. My sister found out how to make it online and walla...here it is. I'm sure it goes great with many things but my favorite is to serve them with those big pretzels you heat up from Costco. Also, my sister added some cheddar cheese instead of all pepper jack to make it more mild. If you try this let me know if you like it or not!

1 cup tomatoes, drained and diced
4 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup sweet red peppers, drained and diced
1 1/2 cups yellow onions, minced
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
3 3/4 pounds pepper jack cheese, grated

Sweat onions in a saucepan. Add half-and-half and bring to a boil. Slowly add grated cheese, stirring until all the cheese is melted and smooth. Add spinach and blend. Mix in tomatoes and peppers, stirring to remove any lumps. Refrigerate until needed.

Servings: 8

No comments: