Monday, December 15, 2008

Holy Snow!

This last weekend Colin and I went up to Seattle to help surprise my dad for his 50th birthday. My mom pulled together a surprise visit from my dad's cousin Bob from Missouri, a surprise visit from Colin/Duke/myself, and a surprise birthday party with about 30 people! It was so awesome. It started snowing just about when the party started and didn't stop until we went to bed around 2am! We had TONS of food inside and a bonfire outside which looked so cool with all the snow. And it really wasn't too cold unless you went back to the house for food or alcohol.

Driving home was another story! It took us 5 hours to get from the Tacoma area to our house in Albany...which should have only taken about 3 1/2 hours. Thank goodness my car drives much better in the snow than we were expecting! The roads weren't too bad until we got to Portland and WOW, that sucked. The roads were all iced over from Portland all the way until about 10 miles from our house. When we got home all we found was some measly rain! Blah! I was so cold I thought I'd go take a bath and when I was finished, there was SNOW! We have about 2 inches now and we are supposed to get more later in the week. My work was canceled today so I'm at home cleaning and organizing. I'm hoping to do some last minute Christmas shopping with Bethany later, but we'll see!

Here are some pictures from this morning. Duke loves the snow! Diesel...not so much. I love how our house looks in the snow. So peaceful and pretty!



Side note: Colin graduates this Saturday!!! I can't believe how fast it came! His family and myself are super excited for this whole school thing to be over with and for him to start treating patients without supervision and for Grice Chiropractic to grow again! We are all very proud of him! We will be having a BBQ and partying on the 20th at our house if anyone is able to make it. Email or call for directions!

Happy Snow Day!!!

Kara

No comments: