Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our last camping trip of the season.

*Warning* Lots of pictures!

This weekend Colin and I went on a little solo camping trip up to Green Peter/Lake Foster in Sweet Home, Oregon. Most people camp on the side of the road near the lake, but we decided to head up more towards the river and hike down a hill to a little remote camping area. It was so beautiful - the pictures really don't do it any justice. My thighs are not liking me today from all the packing in/out of our stuff! Totally worth it though! On Saturday we noticed our neighbors/my hair dresser camping out just around the bend. We hung out with them for awhile during the day and later on during the night. Colin's parents and nephew Brayden met us for awhile Saturday afternoon with their chocolate lab Bella. Here are some pics...enjoy!


The view to the West from our campfire.

Our camp all set up!


Rissy had the best time camping. Look how big she's getting!


And she's quite the swimmer too.


Another view of our camp. you can see our tent in the middle right of the picture if you look hard enough.


Down the road a bit we stopped to take this picture of Green Peter. Look how amazing the water is! It's a reservoir so the water is really fresh.


This just about sums up the dog's trip. :) The water was so clear we could see little fish swim and all the rocks at the bottom of the river.


Colin floating on our little rafting boats.


My camping buddy!

So pretty!


Mr. Brayden. I had to crop the picture because he was happy as a clam running around as a naked boy! He thought it was so hilarious when Uncle Colin and Papa Ron were throwing huge rocks into the water and making giant splashes!


Apparently Duke thought Brayden's Batman chair was just the perfect size!


Rissy found the perfect napping spot. On our suitcase covered by the tent.

We were by the campfire one night and we looked over and saw her hanging out in our blow up rafts. I can't say I blame her, they are really comfortable!

This trip was so fun. The weather was beautiful and it was just really nice to get away just the 2 of us. (with a couple of visitors of course!) We did a lot of relaxing and even played a competitive game of rummy. We made bets and OF COURSE I won, so I get to have Colin take me out on a date night next weekend! I think one of the best parts of the whole trip was toasting bagels, cooking hot dogs and smores over the fire. We didn't bring anything the required a grill...just the good ol' campfire!

4 comments:

Miss Handy said...

That place is beautiful and the water is super calm. A glass of wine and a book and I could be a happy camper there.

Christia said...

So amazing! Seriously. Gorgeous pictures! And Rissy is getting big!!!

The Swanson Family said...

looks like a perfect weekend. I miss OR so much! those shots are great. the pups look happy, duke must be healing up well enough. thanks for sharing.

Victoria Elder said...

What a beautiful little getaway! How fun! I miss trips like these in northwest...Dogs look like they are LOVIN it I am ready to get a big dog or two :)