Friday, October 9, 2009

Great Sugar Cookie Recipe!


Wow it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been waiting to post pics of our bathroom remodel. But we aren't quite finished yet. I made sugar cookies today of Fall leaves and I dug out an old recipe I got from a magazine in college. I really don't care for sugar cookies because they leave a gross aftertaste in your mouth, but this recipe eliminates that with the use of cream cheese. Yum! Here ya go! And a picture of some cookies I iced for Colin's office.

1/2 c. butter
3 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix butter and cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer. Add powdered sugar and baking soda. Beat. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour. Chill for 1 hour. (They still turn out fine if you don't do this.)

Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut out into shapes.
Bake at 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.
Cook and frost.

You've GOT to try this if you like sugar cookies!

3 comments:

Christia said...

Yum! <3 sugar cookies! Thanks for the recipe!

The Swanson Family said...

VERY beautiful cookies! too pretty to eat??

Kara and Colin said...

Nope...gobbled them all up! Well, me and the rest of Colin's office! :)