Sunday, May 31, 2009

Beautiful Yard...

We have been so busy with the puppies we haven't blogged about our yard recently! I'll get to that in a minute. Rissy has gained ANOTHER 6 pounds since we went to the vet 2 weeks ago. She is now 33 pounds. We have a feeling she is going to be a BIG girl! Duke had a bad ear infection last week so he has to have ear drops in his ear twice a day. Poor thing. He is feeling much better though.

Ok now to the yard...today Colin and I mowed our newly redone front yard for the first time. We also pulled weeds, edged the grass and flower beds and created some new plans for a small walkway. I am SO excited for our lilies, dahlias, clematis and other random flowers to start blooming. Here are a few pictures of the front yard.





A couple random things around the yard...
This is the planter on our fence my dad made and my mom planted.

This is the cute puppy planter my mom got me for my birthday last year because it reminded her of Duke. :)


And this is the bird house my dad made us for Christmas...it's up in our tree and have seen birds in there already!



That's it for now! I'll keep everyone updated on Rissy and the whole clan...as soon as something exciting happens. :)

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Very nice yard!! I'm so inspired by all the hardwork you guys have put into it, I'm hoping it motivates me to get out there and work on ours some more!!

The Swanson Family said...

you sure do have a home now after all the work you have done - beautiful!