Monday, January 12, 2009

And we're on to more projects!

I recently got a trunk from my parents that my mom got when she was younger from her grandma. My mom had antiqued it a long time ago and it was starting to get a little dingy. Colin and I decided to refinish it for our bedroom. As you can see by the pics below, we stripped the paint off, then repainted it black. It looks pretty dark because the metal parts of the trunk couldn't be saved - there were too many divits with paint in them so we had to paint over it. I think I might distress it a bit, but I haven't decided how to do it yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!


Before

After stripping as much paint as we could get off.

After it was painted!

3 comments:

Keana C. said...

you can distress it by whacking it with a metal chain and maybe an occasional sander spot here or there.

Victoria Elder said...

Looks way good! i love projects I have an antique high chair, that I am going to strip & sand it & pain it black, & try a distress it, you've motivated me to get on it!

Kara and Colin said...

Good I'm glad Victoria! It is a lot of work but it's worth it in the end. And cheaper than buying new too! :)