Sunday, February 28, 2010

P90X


Colin and I started a workout system called p90x a couple weeks ago. We have finished a total of 2 weeks and 1 day and WOW...is it hard. It's about a 60-1hr 45 min workout, depending on the day. Everyday focuses in on a different set of muscle groups. Today was back and chest and boy are we hurtin' for certain! The push ups are just killer.

Anyway, blah blah, who really wants to know about that. The truth is, we've both gained a lot of strength already. We're able to do more and get less sore. We've gained weight because of all the water weight that's accumulated to protect the muscles but that's just starting to go down. So hopefully I'll lose around 10 pounds by the end. I took before pictures but they are hidden on my laptop. NOBODY will ever see them unless I get down to perfect. :)

Today was absolutely beautiful and we finished chopping and stacking the firewood. We also went to Mikes Bargain Center, Home Depot and Costco. Such a productive day! We're looking to redo our back yard so some things had to be priced out. And not to mention the pretty flowers I got to fill my pot today. (Pictures below). I love spring! Especially spring in February!

2 comments:

The Swanson Family said...

I am so glad that you took before pics. it will make you appreciate all your hard work even more! way to go on your work out!! I have the discs, except one, and so I plan to start that bastard of a work out some time soon too... thinking of waiting until I am done nursing though. excuses excuses right? :) keep going!!

Kara and Colin said...

Do you really have weight to lose Katie!?! I would have put it off too but my sister's wedding is coming up in July and I wanted to look good. :)