Monday, March 15, 2010

Nepal Orphans Home Driftwood Dash 5K!



Official Driftwood Dash Website

Hello everyone! Please check out the above website and help support a very exciting cause.

My sister is putting on the first annual Driftwood Dash 5K to help support the Nepal Orphan's Home (NOH). Not only does this support NOH but 100% of donations will be used to provide food, clothing and other necessities to Kamlari (previously slaved) children. Can you imagine your children or future children being malnurished and having a past of being sold by their parents for money into slavery? Yes, it does really happen. And with all my friends help we can help make these children's life better. Below is a picture of our beloved Gita, who Laura fell in love with when she volunteered in Nepal last summer. When Laura left, she told Laura with her bag packed that she was ready to go to America with her. Who can say no to this little spunkster?


I have a copy of the registration form. If you're interested, please email me at KaraHandy@gmail.com and I'll send it to you. Colin and I will be there running...please join us! Only 100 spots available so please hurry and sign up!

No comments: