Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Big 2-5

Well, today I am officially 1/4 dead, or less. Bummer. The good news is that it's an easy age to remember. Today I worked a little then came home and played around with the new Cricut machine my mom and dad gave me for my birthday. It's a di cut (sp?) machine that is really awesome for scrapbooking or other arts and crafts. I did a few baby cutouts for my friend Tiffani so we can start scrapbooking baby Madison's book soon. Then I thought I'd try and beat Super Mario Bro's level 3 on my new Nintendo DS Laura bought me. I am absolutley horrible and attribute that to my mom NEVER letting us have anything other than an attari! Anyway, Colin is on lever 6 with 27 lives and I keep killing my guy on level 3. Colin took me to a chinese restaurant in downtown Portland and it was SO good! I finally found spring rolls that come close to Mandarin Kitchen's in Des Moines.

Last week my parents, sister and I went to Potholes for about the 23rd time. We started going when I was about 9ish months and have gone back almost every year since. I hope to make this a tradition with my future family. Anyway, here are a few pictures from camping...



Duke had a great time lounging around. The sunsets were absolutely beautiful!

Thought this was a funny picture of duke. He was sneezing! Here is a picture of the fires that were near the damn. The middle one looked like a skinny tornado because of the heat rising.













Other than my birthday and camping, nothing else is going on! Just getting back into the swing of things at work. My jobs are picking up which is great. I am one of the lucky few whom actually LOVE their job and wouldn't trade it for anything! Hope everyone has a nice sunny week! It's darn hot out today!

3 comments:

The Smiths said...

Happy Birthday Kara!!!

The Swanson Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE! HOPE YOU HAD SOME FUN!

Victoria Elder said...

oh happy late birthday! sounds like it was fun!