Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day weekend...

Saturday Colin and I drove up to Lake Tapps, WA to visit my family. My parents were still on their anniversary vacation staying in a cabin so we went to Laura and Justin's lake house. They were having a Labor Day party so we joined in on the fun! We had beer margaritas, mojitos and strawberry lemonade and vodka. YUM! Keana and Joey came up to visit and Joey decided he wanted to keep running down to the water. Well, we decided to put him in a lifejacket and let him have a go at it and maybe he'd learn a lesson or two! He ran and ran then face planted into the water. Boy did that scare him! And guess what? He didn't even try and go by the water again! He wasn't hurt just scared him enough to stay on dry land-which made Keana's chasing him a a whole lot easier. Later we went on Justin's boat with Keana and Joey, Justin's niece Jaden, Colin, Justin and I. Colin and Justin ended up going on a "booze cruise" with some friends later that night and came back awhile later...they must have had tons of fun because I don't think they had any "beverages" left. =)












Sunday Laura and Justin, my parents + Colin and I went to the Melting Pot to celebrate my parents 30th wedding anniversary which was on August 26th. My sister and I made my parents a quilt with tons of pictures on it of all from different stages of our lives. We also made them a scrapbook starting from their childhood, then wedding day, then family life and ending with a page that said "30 years and counting" with their picture on it. It actually turned out pretty good! Well, 3 hours, 6 fat bellies and a huge paycheck later we were finished! It was really great, especially the dessert! Wow, I've never been so full in my entire life...I thought I might die!
Monday, Colin and I rode my parents jet skis on Lake Tapps. It wasn't the warmest weekend but we still managed to have tons of fun! It was a nice break from the everyday routine of school/work. Colin hasn't been up to WA since February so my parents and Laura/Justin were really excited to see him. He needs a little vacation once in awhile too! He has his Osti's (I have NO idea how to spell that) exam in the middle of September and after that, the rest should be a breeze! This is the nerve racking test for Colin and his friends-everyone is dreading it! I know Colin will pass. I've never met anyone with such an extensive memory. He remembers things from years ago that I would never remember 6 months down the road...sometimes I think he makes it up! haha. Then, the only test left is the national boards in October and November...then graduation on DECEMBER 20th!!! Can you tell I'm excited???



















Oh yes...Duke and his best friend Stoli had a TON of fun too!


Kara

1 comment:

The Swanson Family said...

I love the photos of you and colin rowing!