Sunday, March 6, 2011

Guest Room Update

Remember THIS post from last year? I said I was redoing our guest room? Ya. So I procrastinated on a few things, mostly the sewing part of the room. Aka, curtains, zippers on pillows etc. Well, I finally have the motivation to finish thanks to a couple visits in the next few weeks from Keana and my parents. You can see below we have a big storage thingy. That hopefully will be gone here soon and Colin will be building me a cabinet I can hide linens and different things in. So, just picture that thing NOT in the picture. I can't wait to get it out an put up my picture collage I have! All my picture frames are painted the same color purple as the lamp base.




The headboard was made my my friend Abby and I. I made the black and purple pillows and bought those sassy pink ones from Good Will. I also bought the lamp base from Good Will and painted it purple. The lamp shade was from Ross, the end table was a great CraigsList find, and the bedspread was a splurge from Kohls. I made the curtains, ok, one curtain, still working on the other ones, with white fabric I bought from Walmart. The damask fabric I found on Etsy which PERFECTLY matches the lampshade. How lucky, right!?! Abby was kind enough to sell me those great oak tree decals for a great price too AND give me the dark grey paint. :)



So, here's the almost finished product! What do you think? Not too shabby for a cheapo makeover! The whole room probably cost me less than $200 to redo since I reused a lot of the frames and furniture, and did a LOT of DIY. :)

5 comments:

The Swanson Family said...

very awesome!!
wanna come do my house??

Unknown said...

Looks great Kara! Good work :)

Kara and Colin said...

Ha, fly me out Katie and I'd love to! :) Thanks Mandy!

Christia said...

I love it Kara! I'm obsessssssssed with a. Damask. b. Grey. c. Vinyl. :)

Abby said...

Yeah! looks good!! Glad you finished, I bet that's a relief! I like the curtains and the pop of fuchsia! Now Colin needs to get busy building, that armoire just doesn't go ;-)