Monday, August 30, 2010

We have trees people!

A few months ago I got some black oak tree decal from my friend Abby. She bought white ones awhile ago and they accidentally sent her black ones which I ended up buying from her. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with them, but when I decided to redo the guest room I thought they would go well with the black/white/grey/purple theme.

Last night as the boys (Colin, Abby's husband Adam, and TJ) got liquored up, ate pizza and played poker, we jumped into our sweats, put our hair up and applied the decals to the wall. I think they turned out pretty cute! Thanks for all your help Abby! (<--Seriously amazing designer!)

Here's a peak at the decals in the unfinished guest room!


Before, finally finished painting the wall!


Abby putting on a branch.


The finished product! This room is so small we didn't have much room to work with the bed and armoire in the room. We just had to scoot things out of the way when we needed extra space!

Headboard pictures to come next week hopefully. Buttons are made (most of them), materials are bough, now I just have to put it together!

2 comments:

Abby said...

aww, Thanks for the compliment!! You're pretty creative and crafty too! The trees turned out great!

The Swanson Family said...

fun!