Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sew many projects...

As I'm in the process of redoing our guest room, I'm trying to do as much DIY (do it yourself) on a budget as possible. I recently bought purple on one side, black on the other fabric from Joann's for $2/yard marked down from $12. I bought 5 yards since it was such a good deal, and decided to make some pillows. I finished 2 yesterday. The checkered one is a little boring, but the flower one turned out pretty fun. I hand made all the fabric flowers - which took forever!!! Of course the bottoms aren't finished, I still need to add a zipper. When Colin came home from work, I think he almost passed out from the mess in the living room! The next one I do will be striped with flowers, but I think I need a sewing break!


3 comments:

Sally said...

I am SO impressed with all of your DIY projects and house renovations Kara! I can't wait to get started doing some things to our house too, just wish I had your motivation! :)

Kara and Colin said...

Thanks Sally! If you had a fixer upper you'd be motivated too! lol. I don't work much in the summer so I have lots of extra time. Gotta fill my days somehow! ;)

The Swanson Family said...

you are amazing! way to go~!