Tuesday, November 11, 2008

AND...we're in business!

We FINALLY finished the cleaning today!!! Now the place feels a bit more like home. Boy was it gross. I got a jump start yesterday in the kitchen and bathroom then today Colin's sister Bethany came to help clean for awhile, his mom came to help clean and put contact paper in the drawers, and Colin and his dad cleaned the whole garage and went to the dump with all the crap the old renters left behind. Oh, they also made me VERY happy and pulled out an ugly Christmas looking tree the blocked the whole front of the house. I'm so happy that's gone! All these small changes we are making definitely the house feel more like a home.

Tomorrow I'll be painting while Colin is at work. We're doing Brown/Tan/Green. Just bought it tonight at Home Depot! I'm so excited to see some color on the walls! I think on Monday we're getting the carpets cleaned so that will feel really wonderful!!! I'll try and post pictures tomorrow or the next day so everyone can see the paint and everything. Hopefully we'll be able to tackle the fireplace within the next month or so!

Another small note...Bethany is going to start selling Scentsy products (www.scentsy.com) so if anyone needs anything let me know. I'll probably be having a party next week. If you don't know what scentsy is...they have super cute pots and you plug it into the wall. A light bulb heats up the pot which has smelly wax in it and fills up your WHOLE house with fragrance. I'm not kidding...your whole house. Candles never give off enough smell and when I got a pot for my bday last year I become addicted. They aren't badly priced either. I think the waxes are 5 blocks for $25 and the pots are about $30. They make great Xmas gifts for anyone! They have TONS of different scents from fruity, to floral to seasonal and holiday scents. Ok, that wasn't a small note but you get the hint! :)

Kara

No comments: