Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hit-N-Run Mad Woman

So yesterday was an interesting day. I had a job out in the boondocks in the afternoon and was SO excited it only took 30 minutes instead of the scheduled hour. I walked outside and noticed a lady pulling out from the spot next to me. I got in my car and waited for her to leave. I waited, and waited and waited! Good lord. So after seriously, 5 minutes, I see her start to pull forward then I feel a jerk. I got out of my car to see if she hit me and my bumper was all red and scratched...then I turned to talk to the lady and she took off! :( There was a man in a medical transport van whom got out of his van and said, "Did she just hit you? I saw that same lady hit a Mercedes last week and take off!" We both ended up getting her license plate and called the cops. 45 minutes later they showed up and took my info and some pictures. They verified the lady and told me she was born in 1926...yes she was 82...and lived a good 40 minutes away. I guess the old lady hadn't realized she hit me and kept on truckin'! She told the police the sun was in her eyes and couldn't see. Obviously I told the cops just to get her info for insurance purposes and not to do anything about the hit and run. Moral of the story: Maybe people shouldn't be driving after they turn 80.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

OMG! I agree!! No offend to people in their 70's and above, but I have been hit twice by people in the age group! I hope ur car get fixed up all pretty again.

BTW congrats on the new house! ;-)

Victoria Elder said...

Ouch! Old people ugggh bad drivers, well everything looks like its going great with your house I like the paint colors!