Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good News!

The original plan was to give the tenants of the house we will be renting/buying a month to vacate. Granny and Gramps did that and the tenants have already found a place and will be moving out hopefully next weekend! So Colin and I will be getting the house next weekend/week. We are super excited to finally see the inside and most of all, have a back yard for Duke and our chocolate lab we will be getting next spring! Oh, and Colin gets his garage which means MAYBE I will get a craft room!

We'll finally get a place to make our own and paint, do yard work and renovate freely! We have been waiting for this for a very long time and are way more excited than we probably should be! Hopefully we will be getting financing by April to buy the house, if not sooner.

Colin has been working with his dad for a couple weeks now I think and he is doing really great! He has had several new patients and is learning the ropes of the office.

I had an interview with OSU and another agency in Salem yesterday. They both went great! With interpreting, it's not "yes you get the job or no you don't." It's more like when a job comes up they will let me know. OSU wants me to interpret a play in February which will be interesting. Also, they have sporadic jobs they will be calling me for. The agency in Salem said they can give me work also. So it was a very positive day yesterday! I still have one more agency to interview with. We'll see what happens!

On a VERY happy note...it's snowing on Mt. Hood! Yay! Hopefully it snows several times this year!

2 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

Oh how exciting for you guys! Oh my heck I love chocolate labs, I think your job sounds soo Fun!

The Clarks said...

Congrats! Very exciting!