Sunday, November 16, 2008

House Update

These pictures are from yesterday but Bethany and I almost finished painting the master bedroom (green and cream) and the computer room (blue and cream). Colin and I went to Home Depot to buy some more paint and the chair rail for those two rooms. I put a second coat on this afternoon so it looks much better. I started the guest bedroom today and got about 1/2 way. For some reason the previous people felt the need to put a nail, screw or molly screw in the wall every few inches it seemed! So it took me much longer than expected. I'll do the second coat tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the house. The big dirty bush looking thing is actually a big tree we took down. It looked like an xmas tree and was blocking the whole front of the house. So Colin and his dad ripped it down. I'm trying to have the painting done and at least some furniture in the house by the Thursday when I have the Scentsy party with Bethany. Hopefully it gets finished!

It's really starting to feel like a home for Colin and I. Of course there are still things to do...and probably will be for the next year or so as we can afford it, but it really is starting to look good. The carpet cleaners and TV dudes are coming tomorrow so I'll be up bright and early to meet them! I'll try and post more pics tomorrow...




No comments: