Tuesday, February 24, 2009

6+2=8!

Down another 2 pounds! That makes 8 total! I've never stuck to eating better/exercising this long. I hope not to make this a fad diet but to make this a lifestyle change. What have I done? I've lessened what I eat, took away most of the sugar, and exercised at least 4 days a week. Yesterday I even ran a 5k on the treadmill straight for 34 mins! (without dying too!) It's funny how when you set a goal, keep your mind to it, you can achieve it. When I was running yesterday I noticed that I really wanted to stop. I kept saying...only 1 mile to go, only .75 miles to go, only 10 more mins etc. That paired with some great music helped me to succeed! (And you all that know me, know that I'm absolutely the worst runner ever!)

Just thought I'd share a small milestone with everyone! Below is a quote I dug off the internet that is so true!


A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit. ~Author Unknown


1 comment:

The Swanson Family said...

congrats! that is awesome! I wish I did, well, ANYTHING... I bought new running shoes last week. I thought that was a step in the right direction... now I need to get off my butt and use them. they are calling me! but again, congrats on your success! you will do great!