Friday, February 20, 2009

Sunsets, fires & veggies!

Now that's a sunset!

And that's a fire!


Today Colin and I decided to do some yard work because it was SO beautiful outside! There were hardly any clouds in the sky all day. We did a ton, including: Raking up 3 piles of leaves, trimming a tree, clearing a major pile of tree branches/garbage/sticks graciously left by the previous renters, selling a metal shed we didn't want and getting it out of our back yard, and last but not least - throwing it ALL in the burn pile! Except the shed of course. The above picture is the result of all our labor. I think I have a sunburned face now! It feels SO good to get all of this done! Now I can start my veggie garden. I bought seeds today so hopefully we get some good fruit and veggies! I bought carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, cantelope, watermelon, lettuce and onion. My mom is giving me raspberries and strawberries in a couple weekends. Colin and I are planning on building the raised garden bed either this weekend or next so I'll take pics when it's up.

No comments: