Friday, February 27, 2009

Snowmobiling

Today my dad took me snowmobiling near Mt. Ranier and we couldn't have asked for a better day. I've never been before and it was really fun! My parents bought these snowmobiles this last year and I haven't had to chance to come up and use them. The scenery was amazing and it was sunny all day long.

I'm definitely going to be a sore chick tomorrow. I was going around a corner and the next thing I knew it I was thrown off the snowmobile and hit my left side and head on the ground. I thought for sure I broke something at first thought but was actually okay when I got up. Just super sore on my left mid section and elbow. I think my left track hit a couple feet of powder which made the snowmobile lopsided and buck me off. Anyway, I'm fine and my dad and I had a really fun day. Thanks dad!

One thing my sister and I have always appreciated about my parents is how adventurous they are. No matter how busy, financially strapped, or unmotivated they were, we always had vacations to look forward to. Whether it be camping at Potholes, many trips to California/Missouri/Idaho, or water/snow skiing trips - we always had the opportunity to learn through experience. I hope to be the same way when I had kids and let them have the same experiences.



Overlooking the valley...

Me and my super Nascar shades!

So pretty...this is what we saw all day!

Mt. Rainier in the background. It was so sunny it was hard not to squint!

2 comments:

The Swanson Family said...

fun! and very pretty. hope you feel better in a couple days!

Victoria Elder said...

Wow I seriously forget how beautiful WA is! MAN so jealous! Snowmobiling is sooo fun!